CapTel 880i Captioned Phone
Behind the scenes, a specially trained operator at the CapTel SM captioning service transcribes everything the other party says into written text, using the very latest in voice-recognition technology. The written text appears on a bright, easy-to-read display window built into the CapTel phone. The captions appear almost simultaneously with the spoken word, allowing the CapTel phone users to understand everything that is said either by hearing it or by reading it.
A Captioned Telephone (CapTel)
A specialized telephone designed to interact with the CapTel Captioning Service in order to display captions. The telephone does not, all by itself, translate spoken words into written captions. It can also be used as a traditional amplified telephone, with the captions feature turned off.
CapTel Captioning Service
The CapTel Captioning Service transcribes the caller's spoken words into written captions, which appear on the CapTel phone display. The cost of the captioning service is covered by Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) funds as part of Title IV of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CapTel service is available in only select states and ineligible for state voucher programs.
- Powerful amplification with volume boost (up to 35dB)
- Answering machine with captioned message retrieval
- Adjustable tone & volume control for optimum sound clarity
- Ability to review captions during or after a call (approximately 500 lines of conversation can be reviewed in memory after hanging up)
- Easy access to voice-mail & interactive telephone menu systems
- 5-line, contrast-controlled liquid crystal display (LCD) screen
- Speed dialing (3 programmable numbers)
- Last number redial
- Adjustable ringer pitch on/off
- Sound monitoring (graphic meter and signal indicator shows you the loudness of your voice and sounds during a captioned call)
- 3.5mm audio jack (optional) for use with neckloop, cochlear implant patch cord, and other assistive listening devices
- Spanish to Spanish captioning available
- Amplify always 'ON' option
- 'Over the wire' software upgrades (upgrades can be transmitted over your phone line)
- Ability to caption your external voice answering machine messages
- All calls automatically captioned
- Turn captions on or off at any time in a call
- Large caption window
- Adjustable font size and color
- Display screen tilts
- Amplifies incoming voice up to 40dB
- 3.5mm neckloop/headset jack
- 2.5mm headset jack
- Speed dial access to CapTel Customer Service
- Phonebook stores over 95 entries
- Caller ID capable
- Requires high-speed internet and phone line
- Wall or desk mount
- One-year limited warranty
Ships FREE today
All in-stock orders placed before 5pm EST (Mon-Fri) will ship the same day. Ground shipping is FREE within the 48 contiguous United States for all orders over $9.95. Expedited shipping options, as well as ground shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico are available for an extra charge.
Returns & Exchanges
Qualifying products may be returned within 30 days from receipt for a full refund. Please note that hearing aid accessories, hygine items and ear care products cannot be returned. Please CLICK HERE to review our full returns policy.